Generate fevicon for your website by any image. This tool converts any PNG, JPEG or GIF into ICO file Which can be used in website, PC or mobile application. Following image shows how web browser display favicon of website.
What is favicon?
A favicon (short for "favorite icon") is a small, iconic image that represents a website or webpage. It appears in the browser tab, bookmark bar, and in other places where the website is listed, serving as a visual identifier for users. The importance of a favicon is that it helps to establish a website's brand and makes it easily recognizable, thereby improving user experience and strengthening brand recognition. Additionally, a favicon can also make a website stand out in a crowded list of tabs or bookmarks, making it easier for users to quickly find and access the site they need.
How to add Favicon to your website or blog?
After you've created a favicon, it's time to add it to your site. To do so, follow the below simple procedure:
- Upload the generated file ("favicon.ico") to your website root. Verify it's there by typing http://yoursite.com/favicon.ico in the browser's location, where "yoursite.com" is your site's address.
- Next, insert the below code in the HEAD section of every pages.
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/favicon.ico">
- That's it! Note that your favicon may not appear immediately after you've completed the above two steps. In fact, it may take a few days, and in IE, sometimes the favicon will disappear from time to time due to a browser bug.
Types of fevicon
- ICO file: The most commonly used format for favicons is the ICO (icon) file. This file format supports multiple sizes and resolutions and is supported by most browsers.
- PNG file: PNG files can also be used as favicons and offer better quality than ICO files, especially for smaller sizes.
- GIF file: The GIF format is an older format that is still supported by some browsers, but it is not recommended for use as a favicon because it has limited color depth and can result in a poor quality image.
- JPG/JPEG file: JPG files are not commonly used as favicons because they are not supported by all browsers and the image quality may degrade when resized to small sizes.
- SVG - A vector image file format that can be used as a favicon. SVG files are resolution-independent, making them ideal for logos and other graphics that need to be sharp at any size.
It's important to note that different browsers may have different requirements for the format of favicons. but .ico file supports almost all bowsers.
Liked It? Get Free updates in your Email